by Amanda Foody
YA Fantasy, 2019 by Inkyard Press, 602 Pages
What I Didn’t Like:
- Very detailed and multi layered plan makes this a little tricky to follow in the beginning. But it comes together nicely.
- This one would be better if you’ve read the first book. With some sequels it doesn’t matter. With this one, it does.
What I Did Like:
- Very detailed and multi layered plan, which does make for an interesting story. It’s a lot to follow but it pays off in good ways.
- Enne really comes into her own in this book in a way that works. I wanted to see her be stronger in book 1 and you get that from her here.
- Diversity with no apologies. I love that.
Who Should Read This One:
- Fans of dystopian books with violence and crime will love this one. Add in a dash of slow burn romance and rival gangs and you have a recipe for success.