by Megan Miranda
A Mystery/Thriller, 2023 by Marysue Rucci Books, 339 Pages
What I Didn’t Like:
- There’s a lot of characters. I have almost never considered taking out a notebook to track characters … and I considered it seriously for this book.
- Unreliable narrator. Personally, I don’t have a problem with this. But I mention it for those of you who do. If you don’t like being unsure if you can trust the person (people) you’re getting the story from, you may not like this one.
- The ending felt a little rushed. I felt like we had spent a lot of time coming to this ending, I wanted to spend a little more time with it.
What I Did Like:
- The premise is nothing short of brilliant. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve read survival stories and wondered how these people will cope with all this LATER. This idea of bringing these survivors together years later is amazing.
- I love when I’m surprised with a twist! This one caught me off guard, even after I was making guesses in my head. That’s excellent.
- The dual storylines, occasionally taking you back to THEN worked for this story. It added a level of mystery and piqued my curiosity for sure.
Who Should Read This One:
- Fans of thrillers where two timelines come together to reveal things that shock and surprise you.
My Rating: 4 Stars
- This is a good one for fans of thrillers or for someone who wants to try a thriller!