by Jamie Dalton
A Fantasy, Independently Published in 2023, 198 Pages
What I Didn’t Like:
- Could’ve been longer. There’s a lot about this world and its history that is intriguing but we only brush on it. This could’ve easily been a longer book, letting us enjoy the world! In fact, this could’ve been a series. I would’ve liked to see it expanded.
- I wouldn’t really call this enemies to lovers. This is more like annoying each other to lovers. Of course, if that’s your thing then this works!
- The friends of the male main character all sort of blend together. I would’ve liked them to have a little more individuality, something to make them distinct from each other.
What I Did Like:
- Adorable opening scene sets the mood of this story well. It’s instantly comfortable and yet fantastical. A fun blend!
- The apothecary stuff works. In fact, I like that we see a female main character with two interests and a building talent. I like that she’s learning. It makes for an intriguing storyline.
- The dragons are great. I like the way the story paints the relationship between dragons and fae. I wanted MORE dragons, but I think that’s a good thing.
Who Should Read This One:
- Fans of fantasy who like being dropped into other worlds for a short journey.