by Charlaine Harris
A Paranormal, 2003 by Orbit, 279 Pages
What I Didn’t Like:
- The ending leaves way too much unresolved (and that’s coming from me). This felt like the first half of a book, you’ll want to add the next one right to your list.
- The Bubba stuff was funny in book 1. By this book, it’s played out and ridiculous.
- Sometimes it feels like Sookie’s telepathic powers are getting lost or underused among all these other creatures. I preferred when we were relying on them.
What I Did Like:
- I actually LIKE the introduction of a new love interest sort of character in this instance. Sookie and Bill, while adorable, are obviously on completely different wavelengths in terms of experience and previous relationships. This gave her a chance to make an educated choice in her love life.
- This series still does a good job of balancing the romance, the mystery, and the shock of all things undead. I find that to be a great formula for keeping you turning pages.
- The little glimpse into vampire politics in this one was cool. I’d like to see more of that, which I assume we’re getting in the future books.
Who Should Read This One:
- Fans of the series, obviously. This one has a different feel but that works for the story we’re hearing.
- If you like vampires, sometimes spicy romance, and adventure you should try this series!