by AE Bross
A Fantasy, Independently Published in 2023, 279 Pages
What I Didn’t Like:
- There’s something creepy about the time travel thing making this romance feel like it has a huge age gap. Plus the connection to one set of parents makes this extra creepy. But I say that about all time travel romance.
- I wanted more. This feels like a little dance in this world and I wanted to stay and keep playing.
- There’s still unanswered questions I’d like answers to. Maybe we’ll get a sequel?
What I Did Like:
- Amazing opening! This first chapter starts off feeling completely mundane and normal until that phone call. Then we know we’re in some kind of fantasy world and I AM HERE for the way we are dropped in.
- The entire Magic system works. I like the different styles and abilities, I like the rules and the attempt at governing it all.
- Cast of characters is (mostly) awesome. Right away I adored Darius, Morgan, Emily, Ines, and Trinity. They’re the best kind of found family—the ones you’d want to be a part of too!
Who Should Read This One:
- Fans of urban fantasy will like the depth of the world building.
- Readers looking for light spice (read: cute) MM romance inside a fantasy world will also love this one.