by Lisa Ballantyne
A Mystery/Thriller, 2022 by Pegasus Crime, 352 Pages
What I Didn’t Like:
- A little predictable and sort of similar to a lot out there in the way the ending played out. I wanted something more unique than I got.
- The pacing is not consistent throughout the story. The middle sort of bogged down, waiting for something to inevitably happen.
- You do have moments of “oh, come on, how did you not see that” with this MC.
What I Did Like:
- Good twists in the story from delivery. There are things you don’t know all at once, and they’re great for the story when you learn them.
- I actually like the real life being wrapped up in the mystery. It sort of keeps the story feeling typical and normal, reminding you that things that like this story happen all the time. It’s intriguing.
- The characters have depth and are complicated, which is exactly what I wanted. They feel realistic and multi-layered.
Who Should Read This One:
- Fans of more realistic style mystery thrillers will like this one. The way the author brings in the regular stuff just works.
My Rating: 3 Stars
- Good book, especially for readers who like a balance of home life in their thrillers.