by Jeneva Rose
A Mystery/Thriller, 2023 by Blackstone Publishing, 350 Pages
What I Didn’t Like:
- That opening scene was a LOT like the opener to the Urban Legends movie. That’s not the last cliche thing in this book, either.
- The book starts like a romance novel with everything that drives me crazy about those: perfect people described by their bodies as if that’s all they are, cliche flirting that makes me roll my eyes, and an unhealthy dose of stereotyping from both MCs.
- The thriller stuff takes too long to kick in. I did a lot of eye rolling through the front to get to the back.
What I Did Like:
- There are tiny details dropped that make you curious about what’s happening and keep you reading.
- The ending is perfect, no notes.
Who Should Read This One:
- Readers who enjoy romance but want something different might like how the romance start to this one blends into thriller.