by Lauren Asher
A Romance, Independently Pubslihed in 2021, 448 Pages
What I Didn’t Like:
- This will not affect my review but the male narrator and the female narrator speak in different volumes and speeds. This causes a hassle for the audiobook listener as you have to keep turning the volume up when it’s his turn and down when it’s hers. If that’s going to bug you, try the physical book for this one.
- Right away I can’t stand our male MC. I’m assuming we’ll get some kind of redemption arc for him where we learn that he’s a product of his environment or something but right at the start I hate him. He’s a jerk.
- Rich dull jerk meets vibrant bubbly woman and their lives are forever changed trope is not my favorite version of grumpy sunshine. You have to set out to convince me that he makes her better, not just that she makes him better.
- I wasn’t crazy about the possessive babble. You don’t have to “own” her. You can be partners, I promise that works too.
What I Did Like:
- Zahra is a great character. Smart, funny, good at her job. She’s been burned before so she’s tentative, which is normal. Love the way she submitted the proposal and how this all went down. Felt realistic and relatable.
- The romance works. Spicy, if you need that warning. It’s believable and it keeps the story moving.
- The idea driving the central plot is good. What would you change in a major theme park to make it the absolute best? It’s a fun concept that really comes out to be a good lesson as well.
Who Should Read This One:
- Spicy romance fans who like the grumpy sunshine trope.
My Rating: 4 Stars
- This one will appeal to a vast majority of romance readers.