by KL Walther
YA Romance, 2021 by Sourcebooks Fire, 386 Pages
What I Didn’t Like:
- A bit out of touch with regular people, since the annual vacation on Martha’s Vineyard isn’t really a relatable thing for regular people.
- Some of the scene jumps are jarring. You’ll be in the middle of one conversation and then BOOM you’re somewhere else. No indication of how much time has passed.
- The idea of someone “climbing” someone else invokes a certain image and I wouldn’t exactly call that common. I don’t have a problem with an author using it, but I do think it was overused in this book.
What I Did Like:
- The assassin game is a cute touch. It brings fun to the story and makes it unique. Also, it sounds like a great family weekend game!
- The romance is cute. It’s believable and adorable.
- I enjoyed the focus on friendship and grief in addition to the romance. The friendship stuff is addressed well and makes sense.
Who Should Read This One:
- YA romance fans who like cute and fun romances.