by Jeanne C Stein
A Paranormal, 2004 by Ace, 293 Pages
What I Didn’t Like:
- Content Warning: sexual assault.
- Anna picks up some of the vampire things quickly, almost to the point of being unbelievable. Then again, it’s a vampire story so realism sort of goes out the window.
- As a character, Anna isn’t my favorite. Something about her strikes me as obnoxious, but I can’t put my finger on what it is. She’s not naive and she’s generally strong … I have no idea why I don’t like her.
What I Did Like:
- The voice is great! Right from the Foreword (which I blindly read in the store and loved, which led to buying this one knowing nothing else about it) I was into the way the story is told like the MC is talking to you.
- I like some of the differences between other vampire legends/stories and this one. I found it interesting.
- I liked the mystery built into the story. You spend some of this book trying to piece together clues and figure out what happened and you get the satisfying reveal as well!
Who Should Read This One:
- Vampire fans. This takes a great first-hand look into the life of a recently turned vamp and puts a good spin on the tale.