Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire
Contemporary Romance, 2011 by Atria Publishing, 416 Pages
What I Didn’t Like:
- Abby in general. I was not a fan of this character, and being that this story is told from her perspective it really made it tough in the beginning. I could probably spend multiple paragraphs on her but I will keep it to she irritated me at almost every turn.
- The “never had a girl in my bed” idea that Travis threw out there. This is my least favorite way that authors use to make us believe that there is something special or different about the girl. I find it disgusting and repulsive on so many levels.
What I Did Like:
- The way that the friendship between Travis and Abby built up. It really showed us the progression of their relationship and was so well written. I could see their love develop on the page as their friendship deepened. It was so sweet.
- The one and only redeeming moment of Abby for me is in the break up, which literally had me in tears. The way that she walked away when Travis had done something that she had told him was unacceptable and that she told him she didn’t want him to do. I commend that and it was the only moment that I thought – okay I can get on board with her.
Who Should Read This One:
- I think this has a little something for everyone. Just enough romance to keep readers who like that interested, but also not too much to drive others away.