Forever Us by Jennifer Williams
Romance, 2023 by Jennifer Williams, 316 Pages
What I Didn’t Like:
- One of the early chapters from Matt’s point of view repeated, almost verbatim, the same information regarding his parents’ house. This does become important later, but within 2 chapters this felt very repetitive for early on and not yet seeing the importance.
- The end relationship that Victoria has with her ex-husband seemed off to me, and my grudge holding nature wasn’t having it. I know that this was done to show growth, but personally I did not like that after how he treated her.
What I Did Like:
- I liked that even though this was a standalone, the characters from the previous books in the same series were still so much a part of it. Really brought everything full circle, and added so much to the story. I love the group text portions and the banter, it was so on point.
- Overall the story was so cute and I really thought the relationship between Matt and Victoria was cute and well written. Matt could easily become one of my favorite book boyfriends.
- The spice level in this one took me by surprise, in a good way. I was expecting a fade to black small town romance and this was definitely not that. It was great to see how well she worked it into the story. Loved IT!
Who Should Read This One:
- Romance readers will be happily surprised by this one, as well as readers who like a little more spice.