by Kate Stewart
Romance, July 2020 by Kate Stewart,
What I Didn’t Like:
- Cecelia seemed far too “trusting” in Sean and Dom. She accepted a lot of things to just be as they were, and I don’t know that anyone would just go with the flow that much. The brand new apple watch – no, absolutely no phones (except theirs) – not okay.
- The hints Sean kept giving Cecelia and the non answers got annoying after a while. I could tell that this was laying the groundwork for something big but the getting there with the evasive answers was exhausting and by the time i got to the reveal I couldn’t remember most of what he had said and hinted at.
What I Did Like:
- I read this on audiobook and I have to say I loved the narrators. They did an amazing duet read and the inflection and emotions were so on point.
- Although it took me an embarrassingly long time to catch on to the robin hood similarities, once I got it I saw them everywhere and it worked. I appreciate the nature of the Ravenhood and the way they were weaved into the story.
- The heartbreaking, I know,weird right? But it was written well, No chance that anyone would have misconstrued what they did to her and her feelings. You could feel the way she felt and the way she broke and you just felt it right along with her.
Who Should Read This One:
Anyone who likes a little mystery, and a series starter that will leave you with more questions than answers. There are some steamy romance scenes but they don’t overpower the storyline.
My Rating: 3 stars