by Katherine Applegate
MG Fantasy, 2020 by Harper Collins, 352 Pages
What I Didn’t Like:
- Missing that “based on a true story” magic of the original, since Bob isn’t real.
- Felt like a more subtle theme for this one. This is sort of a personal one because I like big themes in younger books.
- I wanted a bit more from the ending. It felt like this was rushed just a little.
What I Did Like:
- Audiobook is narrated by Danny Devito! Doesn’t really affect my rating but it is cool.
- Return of great characters. This one will bring back Ivan, Bob, and Ruby in a great little story.
- Packed with emotion. I like that the author kept emotion in there for this scrappy little dog. It is fun to imagine animal friends feeling like humans.
- Glossary is adorable. I like that we started with doggie terms. It puts you in the right frame of mind for the book.
Who Should Read This One:
- Fans of the first one, obviously.
- Readers who enjoy animal stories with personality.