by Tam Chronin
A Poetry, Independently Published in 2020, 101 Pages
What I Didn’t Like:
- The blank pages aren’t my favorite but I’m being picky and it was completely a formatting thing.
- The formatting of starting each line with a capital isn’t my preference but it’s a minor formatting thing and ultimately doesn’t matter.
- There are a few poems that change their own patterns. I would’ve liked to see them keep the pattern.
What I Did Like:
- That foreword is perfection. It was just perfect proof that this was the type of book I was in the mood for. Raw and real, my two favorite adjectives to describe poetry.
- Some poems are gut-punches of emotion that surprise you (Missing, for example). Some are beautifully spaced to occupy the page (So Well). There are just some excellent examples of why I love poetry in this collection!
- Favorites from this collection include Twisted Echoes, Festival of Twilight, and The Maze.
Who Should Read This One:
- Poetry fans, obviously. There’s a lot here to appreciate from raw emotion to white space attention.
- If you’re new to poetry but want to experience the emotional connection of a collection, I’d recommend this one. It’s not pretentious or overly ambitious. Instead, this one is easy to connect with and will leave the reader feeling seen and heard.
My Rating: 4 Stars
- Overall, a well done collection!